Counsellor Sonia Scott BA(HONS), MBACP
I am a Counsellor with over 15 years experience of working in the mental/emotional health field.
As an Integrative Therapist I use a variety of therapeutic approaches including Person Centred Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Brief Solution Focused Therapy. However (as most of the research suggests) I would consider that the relationship between counsellor and client is usually more important than the type of approach used.
I have been practising as a counsellor since 2004 and have had my own private practice in the West End of Glasgow since 2008. I also do EAP (employee assistance programme) work, part time for a leading International Organisation. I have extensive experience of working with a wide range of issues including emotional and relationship difficulties, depression, anxiety, loss/ grief, self-esteem, bereavement and addictions. From my base in the West End of Glasgow I offer a supportive and comfortable environment where personal issues can be explored safely and without judgement.
I passionately believe that all individuals have the capacity to fulfil their potential and make positive choices/ changes in order to improve the quality of their lives.
- BA(Hons) English and Sociology – Stirling University 1998
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills – Stirling 2003
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling – York St. John University 2006
- Mindfulness Training – Glasgow University 2010
- Cognitive Behavioural Toolkit – Centre of Therapy, Glasgow 2010
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Supervision Tom Allan, Glasgow 2012
- Anger, Rage & Relationship (Sue Parker Hall), Edinburgh 2013
- Mindful Compassion – Kagyu Samye Ling, Eskdalemuir 2014/15
- Realising Your Potential – Kadampa Meditation Centre, Glasgow 2016
If you would like to find out more about me or Counselling then contact me.
Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy